16 June 2012

Lazy Weekends

View of Marion Square, Charleston, S.C.

I've been so busy lately the idea of a weekend with nothing scheduled sounded like pure heaven and so far it has been. I think everyone but me spent the day at the beach and that is the way I like it. I prefer heading  to the beach when I won't have to share it with a cast of thousands. I enjoyed a pizza lunch with a water view and then dinner with my son at the Early Bird diner. My tv had been on the blink for a few days so I am catching up with recoded Daily Shows and Stephen Colbert.

Charleston Garden, Smith St., Charleston, S.C.
I hate to think I would buy art by the yard but I have an ugly eyesore on my wall that I have to cover up with something and it is exactly one yard high. Uuugh. I've looked at prints and mirrors and finally went through my pictures to see what might enlarge to that size. Then the cost of getting a large print framed made me bang my head against the wall. Finally I tried one of the cheapo prints on canvas places with this image below from Cypress Gardens. Hope it works!