31 May 2012

John C. Calhoun sails in

John C. Calhoun statue, Marion Square, Charleston, S.C.
I can't help it. I grab every chance I can to make John C. Calhoun squirm in his grave. His statue is conveniently placed on a pedestal so high that if I get down very low I can entertain myself by taking pictures of him in awkward situations. This time he sailed into town on a pirate ship.

Check out the rest of the John C. Calhoun moments here. Maybe I'll do a show. Heheh.

I enjoyed leftover Thai green curry and am back from my walk. It must be time for tea.

3 comments:

Marcheline said...

Joan, you make me laugh... you're a human tonic for life!

Have you read "Other Waters" by Eleni N. Gage? I think you'd like it.

Rick said...

He always was a half mast individual.

Catalyst said...

Is he holding his finger up in the wind. (No, silly, not that one. I meant the index finger!)