09 March 2012

Yipee for Fridays!

Hair's Best, Coming St., Charleston, S.C.
Such a cute little hair salon. I've never seen anyone go in or out but it looks like it is still in operation.


Weekends are a bit like rainbows; they look good from a distance but disappear when you get up close to them.  ~John Shirley

Weekends are already too short and this weekend we get shorted an extra hour.  It hardly seems possible that it is time to move our clocks forward already.

I've been in Columbia today hanging out with Directors of Volunteer programs from hospitals around the state and made it home to discover that I've already seen every matinee movie listed at the Terrace Theater. What?! Every time they discover an extra closet they turn it into another movie theater you'd think they could stay a step ahead of me. I skipped my movie ritual and just got back from a late walk about town dodging hoards of loud drunken college students. I thought they were supposed to be on spring break. Did we import a new crop for the week off?

8 comments:

Kate said...

Looks like a cozy little salon! Yea, spring break revelers can be a huge pain at time, but I still envy their youth.

Have a relaxing and wonderful week-end!

Suzie said...

I wish they understood the dangers of drinking but they don't and they are emulating us. Enjoy your weekend fast...it won't last long, you are right!

Antjas said...

My son will be visiting your fair city this week, but hopefully he won't be part of a drunken horde. Keep your eyes open for him. I will be there in a few weeks myself and promise to clean up any mess he may leave behind. It's your fault Joan. You have made Charleston irresistible.

Lowandslow said...

I love the "fall back" part of time change, but the "spring forward" thing really chaps me. And for the life of me I don't understand the point of it all. One of the things I think I missed out on in life was the "Spring Break" phenomonen. It wasn't such a highly developed ritual when I was a kid. Pity. :(

S

Charlestonjoan said...

Last Sunday night they were jumping on top of the cars on my street and moving all of the trash cans into the middle of the road. It gets tiresome.

Charlestonjoan said...

I am ready to head out walking now. It looks like a lovely day!

Charlestonjoan said...

Hahah! He will have a great time. It is a beautiful day!

Charlestonjoan said...

I agree. It is time to give up on the daylight saving thing and just deal with it. I am going to miss my lost hour.