22 March 2012

My slice of Charleston Fashion Week

Carolina Bloggn' Fashion Week Lunch, Oku, King St., Charleston, S.C.
I was invited to a fashion luncheon at Oku today hosted by a group of Carolina Fashion bloggers based in Columbia. They held the event in Charleston to coincide with Charleston Fashion Week festivities. I am always pleased to see bloggers recognized and included so I went! I like these little out of context moments that let me step out of my regular life.

Oku served delicious sushi, snacks and had a signature drink for the event. Maya Troy of Maya Qoba and Robert Rison of Eclat Design came with models and did a mini fashion show. I could have just taken pictures of the shoes - they were so amazing. Don't you love how models automatically drop into the "pose" when a camera points at them? I need to practice that!

Thank you to the sponsors, Teowanna, Candace Chaplin and the bloggers who coordinated the event.

Check out the shoes!
I shared camera duties with Jai Marshall
 

15 comments:

chuckography said...

Sorry I couldn't join you at lunch. My long hair cat has a brush that looks like those shoes. Yikes.

Charlestonjoan said...

Chuck - I stood out enough. You would have really stood out :). I can track down those shoes for you if you want them :)

Lowandslow said...

How many of those "signiture drinks" did the guy have who wore those spiked shoes? Way too many to drive, I'm guessing. :)

S

Charlestonjoan said...

They were pretty wild! Better not play "toesies" with him. :)

Candace Chaplin said...

Great write up, awesome photos, we really enjoyed having you there. Stay in touch.

Charlestonjoan said...

It was a treat, Candace! Thanks for including me.

Marcheline said...

That chick with the hat is AMAZING - what cheekbones! What sass! Whatever "it" is, she has it.

MayaQoba's Fashion Boutique said...

Thanks for covering, the pics are lovely!

Robert Rison said...

Thanks to everyone that came.,and yes the pics are fabu, fabu

Anonymous said...

ha! that's hilarious. sass isn't what she's got.

Charlestonjoan said...

She is drop dead gorgeous, isn't she?

Charlestonjoan said...

Thanks Maya! Love your designs.

Charlestonjoan said...

Thanks for putting the event together!

Kate said...

There certainly are a number of good-looking' people and fashion stars in Charleston!

MayaQobas Fashion Boutique said...

Thank you ladies!