03 March 2012

A Garden of Stitchwitchery

Quilt - Yellow Bellied Slider by Lucretia Pope
I stopped by the Cobblestone Quilters Guild show at Gaillard Auditorium this morning. I am forever amazed at the time and talent stitched into these quilts and this is the place for them to be appreciated. Dedicated quilt lovers were standing in line when I walked in and after they bought their tickets were offered a single glove in case they couldn't resist touching the masterpieces.

Quilt - Botanical by Lynne Turner Liro
Karen Comstock - quilting in a garden
Pattern Designer and teacher Karen Comstock from Quiltricks looked like she was quilting in a garden.

Quilt - Asian Garden by Jeanne Pedersen
Red Hot Baltimore - Best in Show Wall Quilt
Worshiping the Best of Show wall hanging. This quilt always had an audience around it.

8 comments:

caroline said...

Reminds me of my grandmother and my childhood. She loved quilting!

Rick said...

Wow!

Lowandslow said...

That top one is unlike anything I've ever seen. Wow! What talent. :)

S

Charlestonjoan said...

I have done just enough to know how impressive this work is. Baby quilts were more my speed.

Charlestonjoan said...

I know. Wow indeed. These ladies are artists.

Charlestonjoan said...

Lowandslow - they were incredible. I wasn't sure how free to be with my camera but no one seemed to mind.

Jenny Woolf said...

Those quilts are awe inspiring. I actually thought the top one was a real photo until I looked closer ! (okay I didn't have my glasses on) :D

Susan Moorhead said...

Gorgeous! Oh to have seen them in person. Lucky you!