11 January 2012

The Grocery - Oh Yum!


Pimento Cheese Bites, The Grocery - Charleston, S.C.
How cute are these little Pimento Cheese Bites on a melted Coke bottle platter? Pretty damn cute I say, and tasty! I went to the brand spanking new restaurant called The Grocery on Cannon St. last night with my friend Jo and we had a finger licking good time. Hallie had recommended the Crispy Pimento Cheese bite snacks so we started with them.


Everything was delicious but I could eat a plate of the sausage in this next image. It was so darn different and good. I loved it.  The sizes of the servings on the menu had to be explained. These generous servings were the "snacks", "bites" and "tastes". None of these were even the main entree sized portion or the larger platter to share for the table. Truthfully we were completely satisfied and couldn't manage dessert although we made our server recite them just for fantasy material.

We had a lovely evening. Thanks folks!

Boudin Blanc, Sweet-Sour Cabbage, Apple, Bacon wrapped Prune
Swordfish Crudo, Grapefruit, Avocado, Citrus Vinaigrette
Beef Short Ribs, Roasted Bone Marrow, Grilled Bread, Gremolata
Lamb Shoulder, Roasted Chick Peas, Sautéed Greens

9 comments:

Lowandslow said...

It all looks delicious, although I'd need to take a dictionary along to figure out what to order. (Gremolata? Crudo?) I really need to get out more. ;)

S

Charlestonjoan said...

I was the same way. Luckily our server didn't make me feel stupid. I didn't know I was getting that sausage. Thought it was a cheese dish ;)) Best mistake of the night.

Kate said...

It all does look good, but I'd love to try that lamb shoulder!

Doug said...

That's a lot of good looking food Joan for such a small lady. :) Looks great, I look forward to trying it out. Doug PS I am off work this week, as you can tell from my posting regularity. tee hee

Rick said...

You and Doug are very food oriented aren't you? I enjoy both your blogs. Thanks for writing.

Charlestonjoan said...

Kate - I got a taste of it. It was delicious. I had the spare ribs.

Doug - Just half of it was mine but I got to try everything! Enjoy your week off. I already have my eye on MLK holiday.

Rick - Love me some good eats! No doubt.

Marcheline said...

I NEEEEEED a melted coke bottle dish!

Anonymous said...

The lamb shoulder is incredible. And I could eat the crudo every day. Melted Coke bottle dish is from Mad Platter in Columbia. Bring them a bottle - they will slump it for you.

Charlestonjoan said...

Anon - the picture of the melted coke bottle got picked up on Pinterest and has traveled more than I have. People loved it.