22 January 2012

Before & After - Circular Congregational Churchyard

Civil War Photos - Circular Congregational Churchyard, Meeting St., Charleston, S.C.
I have a crumpled stack of papers printed from the civil war photos site crammed in the bottom of my backpack.  Once and awhile I pull them out and see what I can match up. This morning I walked through the cemetery of the Circular Congregational Church on Meeting St. and found the tomb pictured in this scene.

The church is still there of course and in use for morning service as I wandered in their churchyard. It is a lovely spot. The photo below shows the church building without the tree branch blocking the view.

I hope everyone has had a good weekend. I want this final hour or two to last for ever. Busy week ahead. I am off to watch my new addiction - Downton Abbey.