20 December 2011

Cottage in Blue

Mt. Pleasant, S.C.
Oh, it looks like the perfect Cottage Magazine cottage doesn't it? This could be on a lot of dream house lists. I walked past it when I was wandering in the old village of Mt. Pleasant on Sunday. It is even my shade of blue. I hope the occupants are very happy.

Check out this amazing painting of a quilt. Wow. I found it because I was thinking of trying to paint a quilt but I'm so blown away by this it seems pointless. I should just finish sewing up the bits and pieces of a crazy quilt I have in a trunk and be done with it. I've gotten out of the habit of handicrafts ever since I .....ahem....got a laptop and it sucked all the hours out of my day.


13 comments:

Rick said...

Amazing painting. Watercolor. Wow...

Charlestonjoan said...

Hey Rick! Can you paint me one like that?

Charlestonjoan said...

Pretty please?....

love new things said...

Its great write up Joan....visit for Orange Festival at Sohra(cherrapunjee)

Charlestonjoan said...

love new things - I just missed it! Best oranges in the world.

Lowandslow said...

Great, comfy looking home. Also high maintanence. You take the bitter with the sweet, as they say. ;)

S

Rick said...

Joan, I don't have the skill to paint something that meticulous. I haven't put watercolor to paper in over a decade.

Charlestonjoan said...

Rick - It is amazing isn't it? Some talent there but it also costs $4,000.

Lowandslow - I guess so. Someone is clearly putting a lot of work into it.

Jack said...

Yes, Joan, this one is pretty close to perfect.

Kate said...

This is a picture-perfect home. I agree that it is probably high maintenance...lots of flowers and shrubs. The painting on the link you provided is spectacular!

Marcheline said...

There is nothing better than a cottage with lots of gardening to do... I should know, I live in one, and LOVE IT! 8-)

CharlestonShines said...

Joan, you may have been kidding about giving up the idea to paint a quilt BUT don't give up your idea.

My wife painted a simple pattern using a yardstick on a large stretched canvas (maybe 48' square) and we enjoyed it for years. Then, again, we didn't have lots of beautiful photos like yours to grace the wall! :)

Here are two pattern examples - http://www.equiltblocks.com/four/Annies_Choice.gif to the more complicated http://www.quiltbroker.com/images/qb_july99_quilt_pattern.jpg

Happy Holidays!

Rick said...

Lotta work. Lovely result.