10 September 2011

Saturday morning walkabout


Bogard St., Charleston, S.C.

I like to check on the floral arrangement in the orange traffic cone vase on Bogard. The plastic reptile with the blossom in his mouth is a happy new touch.

I walked the Spring, Bogard, King loop this morning and ran into Byron up around the Piggly Wiggly. I declined the offered chiropractic back treatment but did give him all the change I had. I hadn't seen him for a while and the update is that he is now banned from crossing Calhoun St. anywhere below Spring St. so his traveling area is narrowing.



It is a perfect Charleston day and everyone (everyone but me) gets out to do yard work and home maintenance. This fellow is putting the finishing touches on what looks like a new doughnut store called "Glazed Gourmet Doughnuts". If you like them on Facebook you can suggest a new doughnut flavor. Stores keep closing but new ones replace them just as fast.

Have a good weekend, kids. I am going to a friend's wedding this afternoon.