10 September 2011

Saturday morning walkabout


Bogard St., Charleston, S.C.

I like to check on the floral arrangement in the orange traffic cone vase on Bogard. The plastic reptile with the blossom in his mouth is a happy new touch.

I walked the Spring, Bogard, King loop this morning and ran into Byron up around the Piggly Wiggly. I declined the offered chiropractic back treatment but did give him all the change I had. I hadn't seen him for a while and the update is that he is now banned from crossing Calhoun St. anywhere below Spring St. so his traveling area is narrowing.



It is a perfect Charleston day and everyone (everyone but me) gets out to do yard work and home maintenance. This fellow is putting the finishing touches on what looks like a new doughnut store called "Glazed Gourmet Doughnuts". If you like them on Facebook you can suggest a new doughnut flavor. Stores keep closing but new ones replace them just as fast.

Have a good weekend, kids. I am going to a friend's wedding this afternoon.

2 comments:

A blog about... said...

Byron sounds like the bully on the grade school playground who takes everyone's lunch money.

Charlestonjoan said...

He is happy to offer what he calls his Chiropractic expertise. I've seen him cracking the backs of young college gals on East Bay St.