08 July 2011

2011 - the Year of the Crepe Myrtle


Crepe Myrtle trees, Charleston, S.C.

I've been living in Crepe Myrtle heaven. Wow! We've had just enough rain to make them gloriously heavy with blossoms, red, pink, white and purple. Between the Crepe Myrtle blossoms and real tomatoes the summer heat has lost a little of it's sting.

I need to take my camera down to that MUSC stretch of Calhoun St. across from Roper Hospital. Wow. It looked incredible this morning after the rain.

In this today's photo is the Goat, Sheep, Cow shop on Church St. Anyone been in yet? Goat cheese. Mmmmm.

I had a late lunch meeting at Cafe Fork and tried to leave my office relatively organized since I have jury duty next week. That should be interesting.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be sure to take a book for jury duty!

The anonymous librarian

Charlestonjoan said...

I've heard that! Thanks!

Kate said...

Love the colours! Looks like a shop I'd be interested in visiting...often!

brattcat said...

I love goat cheese and crepe myrtle. Crossword puzzles also help to pass the time.

Marcheline said...

Hope your jury does a better job than Casey Anthony's. Still in shock about that one.

Sarah said...

I was wondering what those gorgeous trees/flowers were called. We have a purple one in our front yard (that is doing much better than Spikey, our palm tree)! Thanks for the info!

Living In Williamsburg Virginia said...

Don't you just love crepe myrtle. These are beautiful.

Darryl and Ruth :)

Susan Moorhead said...

Gorgeous. Are those the ones that also smell divine? years back when in your neck of the woods, we were wowed walking around by the smell in the air of some sort of beautiful tree blossoms...