09 June 2011

Window Painting


Mellow Mushroom, King St., Charleston, S.C.

I walked by and happened to catch this gal painting the window of the Mellow Mushroom pizza store on King St. last night. Mmmmm....pizza. I wasn't even thinking about pizza or mushrooms, extra cheese, pepperoni and black peppers until I posted that picture. Mmmm.

Yipee! I just met a fellow and sold an old inflatable kayak that had been stored unused for years. Now I have some cash in my pocket and he will be a happy paddler. I love it when everyone feels like they made a good deal. This is fun. Wonder what else I have that I can sell.

8 comments:

Suzie said...

I am wondering now what I have that I can sell...I will take a look around! I don't think that I ever properly thanked you for mentioning my blog here last month....THANK YOU, JOAN!

Lowandslow said...

Ahhh....the joys of Craig's List. I've sold a lot of things there, but oddly I've never bought anything on Craig's List. I've become an extreme anti-pack rat. And I agree, a few more coins to play with are good. :)

S

brattcat said...

can't wait to hear where that 'found' money ends up.

Charlestonjoan said...

Suzie - Always welcome! I'm looking around to see what else I could sell as well!

lowandslow - Yep, it was craigslist. Cash is fun!

brattcat - :))

Anonymous said...

I have implemented a new rule : if an item comes into our life and unit, two must go. I find the battle downsizing from a four bedroom two living area and two storey sprawling family home onto a two bedroom unit has been challenging and liberating. I have donated, and passed on to those with a need rather than sell - but I could sell, too. I could.

Charlestonjoan said...

I never sell! This is a new and novel idea. I give things away and enjoy it. Cash in the pocket doesn't hurt though and got me thinking!

Kate said...

Such talent: you for your entrepreneur creativity and the young artist for hers.

Elnora Turmelle said...

Guess it already took her a while to come up with that window painting. It's as if she didn't want to be disturbed as she was doing her window art.

So what have you sold after the inflatable kayak?