12 June 2011

Second Sunday on King St.


King St., Charleston, S.C.

On the second Sunday of each month King St. is closed to traffic. I never time my walk for the festivities but usually catch them as they are setting up, putting out the sidewalk sales and tables for outside dining. One of these days I will be more organized and enjoy sitting for lunch at a table in the middle of the street.

More scoop here: Second Sunday on King Street.

Okay kids, Monday is biting at my heels. I have twenty two teenagers scheduled to arrive bright and early in the morning to learn about health careers for a week and I am den mother. Wish me luck! I won't catch my breath until Friday.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Luck to you. I am sure your den mothering will inspire them....and motivate in a positive way

brattcat said...

Good luck. It has the potential of being a wonderful, wonderful week.

chuckography said...

Joan, I missed you on King Street but did my first Second Sunday.

Oops. I can't believe that when I used Photoshop on one of my pictures, I accidently "copied" an awnings painting effect by a noted artist! Yikes.

Charlestonjoan said...

Chuck - Yep - I was on the early end of it all. It looked like it was going to be fun. The next couple of months will be too hot for it.