31 May 2011

View of the Ashley River


Ashley River, Charleston, S.C.

Yesterday was the kind of day that makes lowcountry men without boats hurt deep inside when they cross the river. I need to keep a tissue handy. The sky was blue, the clouds billowy and the water still as a mirror waiting for a boat to make a ripple. I'm surprised there aren't more accidents on bridges.

I have a bad habit lately of coming home after a busy day, crashing with my dinner, being completely lazy until just before 9 p.m. and then I am refreshed and in the mood for a three mile hike.

Now, completely unrelated to anything except for the fact that both you and I like these kinds of things: Awesome people hanging together. Some of them are quite unexpected!

4 comments:

Beach Bum said...

Yesterday was the kind of day that makes lowcountry men without boats hurt deep inside...

Been dying for some fishing time around North Inlet just outside Winyah Bay.

Suzie said...

What beautiful photos, Joan! Of course I LOVE anything "boat".....and I don't have one! Woe is me! But pictures help!

brattcat said...

I think there are many reading this post who feel the lowcountry men's pain.

Jack said...

What a gorgeous day you had. Thanks for showing us just a bit of it.