10 May 2011

Cafe Fork - Let's Eat!


Cafe Fork, Hwy 61, Charleston, S.C.

When I take a friend to Cafe Fork for the first time I point out my favorite things - look at the color! the paintings! the white marble table!

It is a happy lunch surprise at the end of a strip mall on Hwy 61 and I want to move in and live there. The bathroom is big enough for a tub and I could chop off part of the kitchen for a bed. I'd need the kitchen staff to stick around and work quietly bringing me tasty treats one after the other just like they do when I go for lunch.

Seriously, isn't it pretty? They are getting great reviews on Yelp for their food and I want them to decorate my home.

Sadly they took my favorite dish off the menu (sob) so I am going to have to start all over until I find my new signature Cafe Fork meal. They were a catering company and only serve lunch and the occasional cooking class dinner. I'm thinking the cooking class dinner might be fun.

7 comments:

Lowandslow said...

I remember (reading about) the old days when people would live above their business. That sounds a little better than living IN their business. Maybe you could sell your home (someday) and buy an interest?

Close up for the day, walk upstairs, and you're home. Not a bad way to live. ;)
S

Charlestonjoan said...

I am closing up for the day. Came home early, painted kitchen cabinets, scrubbed tub and bathroom, mopped and am ready for my new tenant. Yawn.

Marcheline said...

This photo should be titled "Third Glass of Wine". I think I need to sit down now.

Suzie said...

I LOVE that color! We have a section in our office building that is near that color and I always want to eat the wall....is that sick or what?? But, seriously, try to stand a little bit straighter when you take pictures!!

Kate said...

You have some rather cheeky commentators today! I think I'd like to eat there too and am taking notes for a future visit.

Charlestonjoan said...

Hahaha! I have a new little pocket camera to carry in my purse and it tempts to take shots at odd angles. Get used to it! Tilt your monitor ;)

Gunn said...

Fantastic!!
Looks soooooo beautiful!
Hopefully they have good coffee, so people come again and again!