17 March 2011

Point & Shoot


Charleston, S.C.

Nice that it is staying light longer. I finally bought myself a cool little Canon pocket camera. I was actually beginning to walk lopsided from carrying a heavy camera on one shoulder everywhere I went. Not sure I will be satisfied with a point and shoot but it sure is easy to carry!

My tenant just gave me a wild boar's skull, intact, with fierce looking teeth. Don't ever think I am not a lucky girl. It will go well the alligator skull I was given for Mother's Day many years ago.

7 comments:

zakton said...

Lovely corner store. Btw, which Canon pocket camera do you now own?

brattcat said...

I think I might prefer a nice bottle of red wine as a gift. But skulls are nice...

Lowandslow said...

I carry my little Canon in my pocket everywhere I go. Love it! My subject of choice is cool cars, but if I had a boar's skull lying around, I'd sure put it on the World Wide Web. I'm sure it would go viral. :)

S

Charlestonjoan said...

zakton: I went all the way and got the canon G12. Still learning it and what all it can do. It does to video and I can look through the eyepiece.

brattcat: my tenants knocked on my door with a bottle of champagne! They were celebrating a success and shared it with me. The skull was a bonus gift :))

lowandslow: I will take photos. It is a fierce thing with all the teeth intact. Yikes!

Ma' said...

yeah, let's see some skull photos (w/ your new camera!)

Pixel Peeper said...

Always love your Charleston street photography!

The G12 is a cool camera; I researched it forever and came close to buying it myself last year. Then I looked at all my other cameras and decided that maybe I didn't really need it. I "need" a new lens for my DSLR more.

At any rate - the best camera is always the one you carry with you. Looking forward to your shots with the G12!

Charlestonjoan said...

Ma' - I will!

Pixel - exactly. I either carried the whole kit and caboodle or nothing so this will at least be something.