01 January 2011

A New Year - 2011



We will open the book. Its pages are blank.
We are going to put words on them ourselves.
The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day.
Edith Lovejoy Pierce


A new year! What shall we do with it?! I spent the first day of 2011 alone in my favorite place - walking through the gardens at Magnolia Plantation. I can't count the times I've walked these paths and they delight me every time. Around each corner is a familiar friend, a tree, a flowering bush, a statue dressed in each season's color.

2010 has treated some of my friends very harshly. You know who you are. I hope 2011 is gentler and joyful. I wish you all a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year! Thanks for dropping by Charleston Daily Photo and leaving all the great comments. I've made many new friends this year!

13 comments:

Catalyst said...

Happy New Year, Joan.

Charlestonjoan said...

Catalyst - Happy New Year to you!

Pat said...

2011 is going to be a great year for all of us, Joan - I can feel it in my bones!

Pixel Peeper said...

Happy New Year! I feel very optimistic about 2011. And thanks for letting us enjoy snippets of your corner of the world!

Commander Zaius said...

Happy New Year Joan, maybe this year I'll be down in Charleston the same time you are.

Charlestonjoan said...

Pat - You have good bones!

Pixel - Happy New Year! Thanks for all your kind comments through the year!

Beach Bum - We will have to plan it this year, no doubt.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Joan

Anonymous said...

May this year treat you with joy and gentleness. I feel good about this.

Marcheline said...

Happy 2011 Joan - may this year bring you peace, and may it bring the rest of us lots more of your photos and lovely posts! 8-)

Judy said...

Happy New Year, Joan! We both posted the same poem for New Years Day! Fine minds and all...

lowandslow said...

I'm going to look at every day as one of those "glass half full" days vs a "glass half empty" day. It makes life a lot more fun, for sure. I know you think that way too, Joan. It shows.

Happy New Year!

S

Doug said...

I enjoy your blog, have followed it intermittently since 2006 when I lived in WV and was looking to re-locate my family to Charleston. I guess you could say your photos helped us decide to move here. I enjoy your photos on Careline as well since I work at BSSF.

Charlestonjoan said...

Doug - That is great! Thanks for letting me know. It looks like you have settled in well!