01 December 2010

World AIDS Day


World AIDS Day, Charleston, S.C.

We had a display of panels of the AIDS quilt hanging at the the friendly little hospital across the river today in recognition of World AIDS Day. Volunteers from the Ryan White Program were there to share information about their services. Thanks to Ann Caldwell (above), the Magnolia singers and Live 5 News for covering the days events. The quilt panels never fail to make it personal.

Late cold walk tonight. I just made it to Broad St. and marched right back home. Nothing warms up a chilly house better than a brisk walk though, does it? Now it is unbearably stuffy in here.



2 comments:

Waldo Lydecker's Journal said...

Thank you. I went to a lot of funerals in the 1980s and leaders of one of the political parties claimed those who died deserved what they got.

Charlestonjoan said...

I remember you saying that. It was a terrible time. I thought a lot about it when I was walking in San Francisco.