15 November 2010

Red Cross


Smith St., Charleston, S.C.

The Smith St. house that has the red cross painted on it was actually the local headquarters of the American Red Cross during World War I. It housed the administrative services of the Red Cross as well as the Blood Bank until 1989 until it returned to being a family residence.

This seems a good time to congratulate fellow lowcountry Canadian Eugene from Imabug who just won his second annual award for amounts of blood donated to the Red Cross. What an amazing gift. Think of the lives he has saved. Congratulations Eugene!

6 comments:

Waldo Lydecker's Journal said...

I still hope the Red Cross will reform its requirements for donation.

Charlestonjoan said...

Haven't been keeping up - what requirement?

Anonymous said...

Pass this house multiple times daily while walking our dog, Finley. The resident hounds are either very hospitable or very confrontational...either way, lots of barking ensues! Either way, it's Finley's favorite part of our walk.

Anonymous said...

The last time I tried to give blood they told me to go away. I'm an itty-bitty veins person...

Commander Zaius said...

Up here in Columbia the Red Cross better bring back the Little Debbie snack cakes for the blood donors or I will go sell my plasma.

Anonymous said...

Will I be able to donate blood on the Sunday of November 13 2011?I would love to be able to say that I helped you reach your goal.