28 November 2010

Charleston Harbor


Charleston Harbor, Charleston, S.C.

I am so tickled that I can be on the west coast one day and the east the next that I had to walk to the water this morning. It is a bright and shiny day.

I spotted this gentleman picking things out of the pineapple fountain and for a moment wondered if he was taking coins. In fact he was going for his walk and picking up trash along the way. He showed me his little bag with soggy candy wrappers and cigarette butts. He moved quickly and roved all over the water front park spotting litter and picking it up. He said he lived five miles away but came into town for church and tried to "be a good example for you young people". Wow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it, there are so many good, good people in this world. Thanks for sharing the good news. Sally

Namrata said...

I agree with Sally.He did what the people who threw the litter should have done or the agency responsible to prevent people from littering should have done.Can't agencies put cameras with voice recorder to prevent people from taking liberties in public places ?

Catalyst said...

That first photo should be blown up, framed and placed on your wall. Or one in a museum. Great framing.

Marcheline said...

Yay man picking up litter! When I lived in Tennessee, I regularly made trips to my local park and took truckloads of dumped garbage to a proper facility. Now that I live in New York again, I realize I just don't have a big enough truck.