18 October 2010

Guerrilla Cuisine - Chef Nico Romo


Guerrilla Cuisine, Lowndes Grove, Charleston, S.C.

I was lucky to attend the Guerrilla Cuisine dinner last night because the featured Chef was Nico Romo from FISH restaurant and I am a fan. The location is revealed the day before and I was tickled to learn it was at Lowndes Grove Plantation because although I've driven by a hundred times I've never actually been inside the gates. The setting was so beautiful with the tables set to overlook the sunset reflected on the Ashley River.

Chef Nico did a proper French dinner with French onion soup, frogs legs and snails (oh my!), beef wellington and a napoleon treat for dessert. We sat at a the end of a long table and I was thoroughly entertained by members of the military bomb squad next to me who made the evening a treat. Two of our other table companions were celebrating anniversaries made it a festive occasion. Jimihatt and Angel were the perfect hosts as always.

Click here to get on the mailing list for future Guerrilla Cuisine dinners. I put some photos on Facebook last night but will add a few more here for my table companions. Thanks for a fun evening!







5 comments:

Randy said...

Looks like it was a great time and a nice spot for a dinner party.

Charlestonjoan said...

It was! It is a popular wedding spot.

Anonymous said...

Makes me want to catch a plane JUST for the experience

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Joan!!! These are great!
-angel

Calley said...

Thanks for posting the picture of James and I. It was truly a fabulous night! Is there anyway I could get a copy of the photo?

-calley