24 September 2010

Wine Tasting for a Cause


Wine Tasting under the Oaks, Charleston, S.C.

I've been so busy lately, I've been tossing a few pictures on facebook instead of the blog.

It is pretty obvious I am a fierce supporter of the American Heart Association. Not sure exactly how it started but it snowballed and now I am the company leader for my health system. Looking around the people that I love, so many of them wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for advances in heart disease awareness and treatment. It makes me feel like I am on a winning team.

The Lowcountry Heart Walk is tomorrow morning at 9 a.m. starting in front of the SC Aquarium. I plan to be there with 700 people on my team and the registration site says we have raised over $50,000. Woo hoo!

The last few weeks have been a whirlwind of bake sales, book sales, raffle baskets, men in red dresses, and a lovely finale last night was a wine tasting under the oak trees in the meditation garden at Bon Secours St. Francis Hospital. My friend Andre Guillet offered to host the event and the tickets flew out of our hands! It was the perfect evening. Thanks to Andre, Chris, FISH Restaurant (yummy treats!), Jimihatt, Ashley Bakery, Dianna Sheridan, Mark Dickson, Tom Gardner, Charlie Black and all my incredible volunteers. Picture me blowing kisses!

You are still welcome to join the fun! Register online and walk with us, or if you are inclined you can make a donation.




No comments: