07 August 2010

Sidewalk Footscapes


Charleston, S.C.

I used to have a commenter who would leave upset messages if my photos strayed too far from traditional historic Charleston homes and mansions. She was outraged that I took pictures of sidewalk graffiti when I lived in such a glorious city.

Walking this morning after the wild storms and winds we've been having I was again distracted by the colorful palette I was walking on. No worries. I'll be back with "pretty" Charleston in no time.





6 comments:

Tracy said...

Loved the "messy" sidewalks! I love walking out after a storm, you are reminded of the power of nature.

Waldo Lydecker's Journal said...

I had a classical music radio show in Oregon in the early 1980s on a community radio station. I think you commenter was a listener. Anytime I strayed into 20th century music she'd be on the phone, hissing, "Are you playing that for us, or to enjoy YOURSELF?" When I played an Elliott Carter string quartet her head exploded and a power failure followed throughout her neighborhood.

Chattahoochee Valley Daily said...

You keep on posting the unusual and interesting. These are the things that make our citites unique.

barb
pcadp

Kathi Dubuque said...

there's so much more to Charleston than just the traditional/historic sights. I take pics of everything when I'm out walking!

Tiger Fan said...

Please DON'T stop taking pics of graffiti and sidewalks!! I love them. When I visited your lovely city I returned home with many pics of my sandals in crepe myrtle blossoms, my sandals on a checkerboard sidewalk, and my sandals walking on cobblestones. They add to the charm of your city and your wonderful blog!!

Charlestonjoan said...

Thanks Tracy!

Waldo - cracked me up :)

Will do bfarr!

Kathi - we will never run out, will we?

Tiger - thank you!