21 August 2010

Pluff Mud Gravy?


John's Island, S.C.

Care for a little pluff mud gravy? That's what it looks like you would get out of this old pitcher someone must have dug out of the marsh.

Just a quick image for you this morning. I am on my way to Zumba with the Oldies....not old tunes but me and the old gals! I was out at the Lowcountry Senior Center on James Island for a photo shoot a few weeks ago and saw Prisca leading a class. When I realized I could come as a guest to the Saturday zumba classes for $10 a month I handed over my cash. Can't beat that deal. I have absolutely no rhythm but this happy gang is having fun and I joined them!

10 comments:

Commander Zaius said...

Have fun!

I have absolutely not rhythm...

I assure you Joan, you have far more rhythm that I do. In dancing ability I have been compared to Elaine from Seinfeld. the terrible thing is that I agree.

Tracy said...

Good luck with the Zumba, it looks like hard work!

Charlestonjoan said...

Beach Bum - Ha! This crowd doesn't care. No fancy leotards and mirrors here. They just laugh and move. Maybe I will learn something.

Tracy - The hours goes so fast. Amazing.

Pam said...

I love this - when I saw the photo of the class, I had to forward the link on to Richard Garcia (the male in the class) - he is the spouse of the Microbial Lab's poet laureate, Katherine Williams (that you may have heard me mention before). He adores that Zumba class and the instructor!

Charlestonjoan said...

No kidding! How fun. Brave guy! Andre' went to the Thursday session so he wasn't the only fella.

Kristen said...

LOVE Zumba! I can't stop smiling while I'm taking that class at the gym. Get it Girl!!

Annie said...

Soley because of your previous post about Zumba at the Senior Center, my husband and I went to check it out, and we're going to join. I don't think he'll do zumba with me but he's interested in a couple of other classes. I'm just barely old enough to get in there but I'm just not into trying to keep up with 20 and 30 somethings anymore. Can't go this week, though -- maybe next.

Annie said...

Make that "solely." geez.... :)

Charlestonjoan said...

Kristen - Exactly! They are all having so much fun!

Annie - That is perfect! You can't beat the price and they have things going on all the time. I am 54 so I am old enough as well. A few of my friends from work are coming to the zumba. I think I will keep up the Saturday classes for a while and Thursday when I can. Introduce yourself if we are there together!

Annie said...

Joan, I absolutely will. I look forward to it!