15 August 2010

Home is where.....


Warren St., Charleston, S.C.

I am pleased to see that one of my favorite houses is being renovated. There is something friendly looking about this house and I've been sad to see it sit empty for years. In honor of it's renovation I looked up some "home" quotes for us:

“The best way to keep children at home is to make the home atmosphere pleasant, and let the air out of the tires.”
Dorothy Parker

Ninety-eight percent of American homes have TV sets, which means the people in the other 2% have to generate their own sex and violence.”
Franklin P. Jones

“When you're safe at home you wish you were having an adventure; when you're having an adventure you wish you were safe at home”
Thornton Wilder

“Home is where you hang your head”
Groucho Marx

“Home is where you can say anything you please, because nobody pays any attention to you anyway”
Joe Moore

....and finally I was startled to see this one by Mel Gibson, movie star and gift to all women, included:

“A woman should be home with the children, building that home and making sure there's a secure family atmosphere”
Mel Gibson

Well! I hope everyone has had a good weekend. It has poured rain in Charleston and intersections were still flooded when I went for a short late walk. Time to settle in for the evening and watch Mad Men.