26 August 2010

Going, going, gone......


King St., Charleston, S.C.

Another King St. landmark is closing it's doors which is always sad. Here is the explanation from the owner's blog:

Fifty-Two.Five: Many people go through life without ever having a job that they love. For nearly fourteen years, I've loved what I do. I consider myself lucky. I recognize that my love of this job is only partially due to my love of music (and beer). By far the most enjoyable part has been coming in contact with so many wonderful people over the years. My work has been a pleasure and I am grateful to all of you for it.

Have I buttered you up? Good, because now I am going to ask for your help. The closest thing I have to a 401k is the money I have invested in the store. Now I need to cash it in.

The "going out of business sale" will begin on September 1st. All inventory will be discounted. Additionally, I'll be needing to sell a few items that until now have not been for sale. Please feel free to make an offer for any display item, store fixture, or piece of stereo equipment. Everything (almost) must go!

~ Clay

September 1st - time to build his retirement account. Pay back time.

1 comment:

Chattahoochee Valley Daily said...

I guess 14 years is a pretty good run. Still sad tho.

I tell you, just looking at the picture of snow made me feel cooler. Have a nice weekend.