31 July 2010

Tribute Ride


Tribute Bicycle Ride, Rutledge Ave., Charleston, S.C.

Jonathan Sanchez - Charleston City Paper, wrote the most touching tribute to his friend Edwin Gardner who was tragically killed in a bicycle accident last week.

Edwin Gardner, he had a way with words - and life.


What a gift it is to be able to write something that makes you wish you had known the person. He sounds like he was a terrific father, husband and friend to many. Friends gathered today for a mass bicycle ride in his honor beginning and ending at Canon Park. I can't think of a more fitting tribute.


3 comments:

Jack said...

I clicked on this because of the biking, and then read the account of Edwin's life. Wow! Great tribute to him in the newspaper, great photo tribute from you, and great sweaty bicycling tribute to him from his bicycling community. Thank you.

Amberjade said...

I hollered "JOAN!" at you while riding by! :)

Charlestonjoan said...

Jack - I agree. Makes me wish I had known him personally.

Amberjade! Cool! I didn't know who it was! Ha!