17 July 2010

How hot is it?


Hayne St. Charleston, S.C.

How hot is it in Charleston?

• It's so hot that it makes me want to take off my skin and sit in my bones.

• It's so hot the birds have to use potholders to pull worms out of the ground.

• It's so hot I saw two trees fighting over a dog.

• It was so hot today I saw a dog chasing a cat and they were both walking.

• It's hotter than a June bride in a feather bed.

• It's so hot that the trees are creeping around looking for shade.

• It's so hot outside it will make you return things you never stole.

• It's stupid hot!

• It is hot enough to cure tobacco.

• It's hotter than the devil's underwear.

• It's another one of those aluminum foil sweater days.

• It's hotter than a ginger mill in Hades.

....and it's all true.

5 comments:

Commander Zaius said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Commander Zaius said...

Working at night in a hospital does make any outside activity in this weather very difficult. Every morning the second I walk out the door the humidity hits me like a sledgehammer.

Charlestonjoan said...

Ugh. I know. It feels like someone throws a hot wet blanket on me every time I walk outside. Still - delicious to be cool inside.

Pixel Peeper said...

When we lived in the Columbia area, I remember the saying "There's nothing but an open screen door between Columbia, South Carolina, and hell in the summer."

Charlestonjoan said...

Pixel - that's a good one! Feels like it is true some days...