09 May 2010

Famous Mom Quotes


Thomas St., Charleston, S.C.

I took this picture around the corner from my house on Mother's Day a couple of years ago and always liked it. I hope she got breakfast in bed as well as her flowers and newspaper. Have a good day. Enjoy your little ones. Before you know it they are across the country getting their Masters Degree.

Here are a few Famous Mom Quotes...

MONA LISA'S MOTHER: "After all that money your father and I spent on braces, Mona, that's the biggest smile you can give us?"

COLUMBUS' MOTHER: "I don't care what you've discovered, Christopher. You still could have written!"

BABE RUTH'S MOTHER: "Babe, how many times have I told you to quit playing ball in the house! That's the third broken window this week!"

MICHELANGELO'S MOTHER: "Mike, can't you paint on walls like other children? Do you have any idea how hard it is to get that stuff off the ceiling?"

NAPOLEON'S MOTHER: "All right, Napoleon. If you aren't hiding your report card inside your jacket, then take your hand out of there and prove it!"

ABRAHAM LINCOLN'S MOTHER: "Again with the stovepipe hat, Abe? Can't you just wear a baseball cap like the other kids?"

6 comments:

Lowell said...

Lovely photo, Joan! And I love the quotes! Hope your Mother's Day is memorable and meaningful!

Waldo Lydecker's Journal said...

CBS Sunday Morning today had a profile of the late columnist Erma Bombeck. The money quote for Mother's Day: Guilt is the gift that keeps on giving."

Laura said...

Beautiful Picture!!!
Love the quote by Mona Lisa's Mother. Sounds like me! :)

Not sure if you are a Mother or not but if you are, Happy Mother's Day. I hope that you had a lovely day!

((Hugs))
Laura

betsy said...

Beautiful photo. I love the flowers on the sidewalk path. They make the the entry look welcoming.

Charlestonjoan said...

Thanks Jacob!

Waldo - So true. My daughter called and I wanted to say, "But you haven't called me since ....". I didn't, but only by biting my tongue.

Sunshine - I do, I have two great kids but they were both out of town. My son promised me dinner tomorrow.

Betsy - Thanks! I think so too.

Pam said...

Happy belated Mother's Day to you Joan - hope you had a nice one.