18 March 2010

Before & After - Bandstand



Bandstand, White Point Gardens, Charleston, S.C.

I am behind in bringing you the changes in the Holy City this winter but daylight savings time will take care of that. I walked a big loop of the peninsula this evening and still made it home before dark.

The White Point Garden bandstand renovations are complete and she is a sweetie! Paint Charleston Daily followed the progress and detailed construction. The Post & Courier reports that it could actually be used for bands again.

Interested in getting married in the shiny new bandstand? Premiere Charleston has the scoop: You can reserve the gazebo for a nominal fee – as little as $100 – for a party of up to 25 people. To reserve, contact the City of Charleston Recreation Department at (843) 724-7327.

3 comments:

Dum Spiro Spero said...

Gorgeous! I'm so glad it's done! I can't wait to see the finished product!

Reagan Bowman said...

Super! Last time I was there, it was a work in progress. I can't wait to see it in a couple weeks when the hubby and I take a weekend trip to this fabulous city! Thanks for sharing!

Ma' said...

great link re: the restoration project. I'm SO enjoying daylight savings time too!