25 January 2010

Through the glass window - upper King St.


King St., Charleston, S.C.

No movie star pictures today!

I walked up to the Meeting St. Piggly Wiggly yesterday to buy fresh blueberries for my pancakes. It was wild and windy but it wasn't a long walk so I just tucked my little pocket camera in my back pack. I held it up close to one dirty glass shop window to take a picture and got carried away. Click, click.

Today's series is a collection of snapshots taken though the glass windows on upper King St. Locals will recognize most of them. It's reassuring that we haven't been taken over by national chain stores, yet, eh?! We have a ways to go before complete gentrification.












6 comments:

Linda said...

I love these shots. Keep the chain stores out of the neighborhood as long as possible.

Lowell said...

What great fun! And nostalgic. Merci!

Charlestonjoan said...

Linda - Amen. I love a little character.

Jacob - Fun indeed! Thanks.

Chattahoochee Valley Daily said...

Intersting series of snaps. You are my inspiration for quirky (sp) and unique.

Charlestonjoan said...

Thanks bfarr. I live for quirky.

Pam said...

These images are great - I've always thought that Upper King and beyond have some of the best store windows. Perhaps its that they aren't chain stores that makes them so fascinating (instead of the 'seen that before' in any city across the US).