21 January 2010

Handsome Furs on CNN.com


Handsome Furs, Mt. Pleasant, S.C.

I took this picture at the Handsome Furs show at the Village Tavern a couple of years ago. I have to use it again, since it was actually taken here in Charleston but this evening's entry is to steer you to CNN.com where they are doing a feature on Dan & Alexei and their Indie Asia tour.

Today is the first episode and it is crammed full of photos, video and Alexei's travel notes. Click here to see: CNN.com

Why do I care about Indie rock, you ask? Because, Alexei is my niece and she and Dan can rock! Go, quick. Go, check them out. Friend them on Facebook at Indie Asia.

6 comments:

becomingkate said...

I remember this pic! So glad they're doing well.

Anonymous said...

Tell her to bring her band back to Charleston!

Lowell said...

Hey, it's nice to have a niece who's getting famouser in the music biz!

Charlestonjoan said...

becomingkate - proud to say they are Canadians!

Anon - Hopefully she will some day. She spent some time here as a kid.

Jacob - It is! I am proud as punch.

Anonymous said...

And tell her to bring her husband's band (Wolf Parade) along too!

Charlestonjoan said...

I haven't even seen Wolf Parade myself. That would be cool.