12 December 2009

Guard on Duty


199 St. Philip St., Charleston, S.C.

There is a snappy new coffee shop called Hope and Union Coffee Co. on St. Philip St. I haven't gone in yet but I've watched the renovation progress with interest.

I've walked that route for years and happen to have in my handy, dandy old photo file a picture of what the gate to their shop used to look like. There was a guard on duty. Three nights a week. We're not telling which nights. Wanna take a chance?

I think I should print a copy for them. Don't you?

5 comments:

Chattahoochee Valley Daily said...

I think you should give them a copy of the gate. I think that would make a neat 'coffee shop warming gift'.

Pixel Peeper said...

Yes - you should! They might hang it up in their place and you might get a free coffee once in a while. Or tea. Or better yet, a chocolate muffin.

Lowell said...

Funny! The chair does look a bit used. But obviously not at the moment of your photo. What's behind the gate, I wonder, that needs to be guarded only three nights a week?

Doug said...

I have thought of offering businesses the photos I have taken of their windows, or of the way they looked before they became what they are now. Just because I think it would be cool to have my photos on someone elses wall besides my own :-)

Charlestonjoan said...

Jacob - it used to be a rougher stretch. They might have thought they needed to put a warning up.

bfarr. Pixel - I am going to!

Doug - I think a lot of them would like copies.