07 November 2009

Quiet afternoon at the Clubhouse


Joanna, S.C.

I was going through an old "backroads South Carolina" album thinking of doing a "guess what small town?" feature when I came on this one. Heheh. Aren't I the lucky girl? I'm sure it was just quiet because it was on a Sunday, right?

Looking to fritter away a couple hours on the coolest links? Visit Ample Sanity. I don't know how she finds them all.

Fun Charleston Blog: Caroline in the City.

Wildstorm has been taking some beautiful pictures.

I am off to bed. My throat is feeling scratchy so I am going to go to sleep and pretend it isn't. Thank you all for your kind comments.

9 comments:

Commander Zaius said...

Its nice to know at least some of the small town atmosphere and style still survives in South Carolina. Hope you are feeling better, seems like I'm seeing more people with the flu waiting in the emergency room at work.

Charlestonjoan said...

Thanks Beach Bum. I am pretty sure I just have a cold but you know how people are now. I may have to put a Quarantine sign on my office door.

Pixel Peeper said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pixel Peeper said...

If I'd been there and they'd been open, I would have had to knock on the door and nicely tell them to make their sign grammatically correct... ;-)

"Men's Club" instead of "Mens Club."

I'm known at work for being a stickler like that!

Hope your throat feels better.

(Previous comment removed due to my spelling error. Blush. Can't have that if you're pointing out someone else's grammar error, right?)

Charlestonjoan said...

Pixel - You crack me up. I am like that with extra "e"s on the end of words: Ye Olde Ice Cream Shoppe etc. I want a can of paint in my trunk to paint them out.

Meanwhile, I am 53. I tale my Mens with or without apostrophes and consider myself lucky!

Sunny said...

That's a nice picture of you....relaxin' at The Men's Club !!! :)

Sunny said...

P.S. I hope you feel better soon! Even plain ole colds are no fun.

Frank said...

Better the Men's Club and not the Men's Room. You are hilarious saying you'd take 'em with or without an apostrophe. Too funny.

Do get better!! We can't have our #1 health care provider on her back.

Charlestonjoan said...

Thanks Sunny. I do feel better, just sound awful and don't want to scare people.

Frank - Heheh. I am on the mend. Thanks!