30 October 2009

Saint Joan......heheh


Charleston, S.C.

Not bad, eh! Every year at this time I would say to myself, "hmmmm, I should be Joan of Arc," but it would be too late to do anything about it. Now I can check this off my list. Joan of Arc couldn't have gray hair of course so I got a cheapo little wig. As soon as I cover my hair no one knows who I am.

That is George Bernard Shaw's "Saint Joan" in my pocket.

The chain mail weighed at least four pounds. I couldn't take it off without my hair looking like it was painted on my scalp so kept it on all day trying to do business and then just left a tad early and made it to an afternoon matinee at the Terrace after making candy rounds with the volunteers.

Back in a few minutes with pumpkin contest winners....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joan, I love it. You guy's do such a grand job of everything down there. It's like you make each other better, bringing out the best in each other. Sally

Marcheline said...

Oh ye gods, if you never looked like Bette Davis before, ye surely do now! I'm just waiting to hear you say, "Buckle your seat belts folks, it's going to be a bumpy night."

Charlestonjoan said...

Sally - We do, we work hard but we have a good time.

Marcheline - cool! I'll have to go check out old photos of her.

Sunny said...

That is such a cool costume! You look great!