06 August 2009

Betty Boop does fencing


Fencing Masks, Charleston, S.C.

One of the best things about Facebook is the number of birthday greetings you get. I'm not very good at remembering people's birthdays and it's a helpful reminder. I clicked on FB this evening and noticed it was my friend Bryan's birthday.

Bryan aka the Barefoot Fencer taught my kids fencing some years ago as well as teaching the College of Charleston team and sponsoring area tournaments. One year I took a couple of his old fencing masks and decorated them for his birthday. He kept wearing them as usual. Heh. Can you imaging Betty Boop coming as you with a sharp foil? Ouchie.

Happy birthday, Bryan!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cute! And very distracting! If I were up against someone with that face mask I am sure that I would have to snarl, "Foiled again!" after losing time after time after time.

becomingkate said...

Great job on those masks!

Charlestonjoan said...

Nikki - It was distracting. Her eyes look like they are looking in one direction while the attack comes from another.

becomingkate - Nice to see you Kate! Thanks.

Bryan left a comments on the facebook link saying he still uses Betty Boop. :)