17 August 2009

Before & After - Backyard Style



Charleston, S.C.

Two things, one - I clearly spend way too much time on pranks. Two, I have very patient family and friends. Three, being mature sucks.

A couple of years ago I painted a quilt on my ratty old garage doors. They couldn't look worse so I used up every old dribble of paint I had and turned it into a bed mural. I thought it would be terrible funny to joke about everyone I'd had in my bed. Harhar. Recently, thinking that I would eventually sell my house, I decided to do the grown up thing and paint it. Grey. Sad, eh? How incredible boring is that?

A couple of my victims were: my daughter and her sweetie, nephew Caleb, sister Shirley and niece Teresa, nephew Jesse, brother Roger and his wife Kathy.

5 comments:

Lowell said...

Everyone has to grow up sometime, Joan! Especially if they want to sell their house! ;-)

I do like the quilt painting better, though. I don't know what that says about me.

Wanta come out and play?

Pat said...

Now that just makes me sad. I would've bought your house just for the mural!

Charlestonjoan said...

Jacob - I do!

Pat - Heheh. Do you have a garage you need me to paint?

Anonymous said...

I think some people would prefer the art as a buyer...I know I would...

I liked the mural...better than the gray...but that's my opinion...

Susan Moorhead said...

That was too great! You have to repaint it now - but how to top that?