28 May 2009

Somebody kiss me! I just had my teeth cleaned


Atesha & Dr. Maria Cordova, 159 Wentworth St., Charleston, SC

I scrambled from work to Roper Hospital to take (be in!) a group photo and then ran down Rutledge Ave. to make it to my dentist's office for my six month removal of tea stains. They have their work cut out for them to get my teeth shiny and white. Tea drinkers probably keep dental hygienists in business.

Dr. Maria Cordova poked her head in and politely lifted my backpack for me, not realizing it was weighed down with my camera and flash. When I told her what was so heavy it made sense to take their picture. If you live on the peninsula it is awfully nice to be able to walk to a good dentist.

Some of you know my history. When I was a kid I went to a dentist with a foot pedal operated drill. Yikes. You have to be good and gentle to keep me coming back. I hid from dentists for many years. I insist they make my follow up appointment before I leave or I won't show up for another ten years.

Thanks ladies!

3 comments:

Pixel Peeper said...

Don't you just love that "just sandblasted" feeling after the hygenist gets done doing her thing?

Foot pedal operated drill? Yikes, indeed! I'm told when I was little I bit a dentist once. Hard.

Charlestonjoan said...

Pixel Peeper - Yes! She asked if I was okay with the baking soda sandblast treatment and I said I insisted on it!

Susan Moorhead said...

Oh yes, know the be gentle with me or I will never come back dds syndrome - growing up, my sister and I suffered at the hands of a dentist clearly practicing for the Nazi dentist role in Marathon Man. My dentist for the last decade a very sweet guy.