10 April 2009

Overworking my Printer


Magnolia Plantation, Charleston, SC

Anyone else notice that now that you can do such nifty things with computers, desk top publishing and great paper products, that you end up doing a lot more work for an event?

I am sure that half the stuff I do people used to simply turn over to a printer. Now I sit at my desk for hours designing flyers, programs, invitations, editing, and churning them out on my printer. Sheeesh.

With Volunteer Week coming up I have one event after another lined up for take off. I have 46 kids coming to learn Surgical careers on Wednesday, co-host a recognition lunch for 130 on Friday, host a luncheon for 120 on Saturday and am sorting through 66 applicants for a health careers summer camp that I only have 44 spots for.

I've been furiously working on invitations, response cards, programs, hundreds of personalized award certificates, name tags etc., etc. I'm scrambling to stay ahead and getting home late every night this week. Did people really used to turn it all over to a printer shop? Sounds kinda dreamy right now.

3 comments:

B SQUARED said...

I've never seen a clock at ground level before.

Charlestonjoan said...

B Squared: It looks odd doesn't it? We have a Cathedral on Broad St. without a steeple. Maybe we should put them together.

Judy said...

You are so right. I used to spent 10 minutes buying greeting cards now I spend 4 hours designing and creating them at home. I guess that is progress.
The clock is so unique. Great shot.