16 April 2009

The Broom Game


Whitepoint Gardens, Charleston, SC


Untitled from ze frank on Vimeo.

Official Broom Game Rules & Regs:

The Broom Game is a game in which a player holds a broom over his or her head, spins in a circle 30 times in a row, throws down the broom, and jumps over it.

1) The broom must be gripped with both hands, and with the bristles pointed toward the sky.

2) The player must look up at the bristles of the broom at all times. The player must spin as fast as s/he can

3) Thirty full rotations are required (which is why a second person, the Count or Countess is required). Be sure that the Count does not get tricked into counting seconds instead of rotations. Novice Counts often fall prey to this trap.

4) No matter how many times the player falls, s/he must always resume spinning in the same direction s/he was spinning in before the tumble.

5) There is no valid excuse for stopping short of 30 spins.

Hmmmm. What do you think? Can it be that hard? Let me know if you try it.

6 comments:

Pixel Peeper said...

No, no, no, not gonna try it - I got dizzy just from laughing at those poor people!

I might tell my son about it and have fun laughing at him, too...

Charlestonjoan said...

Be sure to video tape it!

Halcyon said...

Is this a real game?? Sounds like some kind of hoax to me!

Happy Friday!!

Charlestonjoan said...

I'd probably throw up. :)

HmmmMmmm said...

Oh my! I haven't laughed so hard in such a long time! I am crying laughing so hard. My daughter has a birthday party this weekend. I am going to make them play this game. Great fun.

Charlestonjoan said...

super groovy - Ha! Let me know how it goes!