08 March 2009

It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighbourhood

Yep. This is how we dress for a walk on a Sunday morning in Charleston.

335 King St. I can't complain about cleaning my windows after watching this.

On a glorious and sunny like today I hear Mr. Rogers humming the background music for my walk. People are in their yards pulling weeds, washing windows and nodding to their neighbours. My daughter once told me she had college age friends who watched Mr. Rogers because he was the only one who told them he liked them, just the way they were. It made me realize how important he was.

Ummm...what does that second paragraph mean?

It's a Beautiful Day in this Neigbourhood

It's a beautiful day in this neighborhood,
A beautiful day for a neighbor.
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?...

It's a neighborly day in this beauty wood,
A neighborly day for a beauty.
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?...

I've always wanted to have a neighbor just like you.
I've always wanted to live in a neighborhood with you.

So, let's make the most of this beautiful day.
Since we're together we might as well say:
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
Won't you be my neighbor?
Won't you please,
Won't you please?
Please won't you be my neighbor?



Gillon St. & East Bay, Charleston, SC

10 comments:

becomingkate said...

I'm not sure it means anything, other than to make it rhyme. Seems like something a stalker might say, lol.
Have a nice Sunday Joan!

Doug said...

I think he had a blank space that need to be filled. My lyics for this song are much funnier, but they are also very dirty :-)

I had my walk today, but I didn't see much to shoot at. I did bring home a broken hockey mask that I will paint and maybe use as a prop.

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure what he meant but then again, he really was in his own little world...I miss Mr. Rogers :) although he was hard to watch with the kids after Eddie Murphy's hilarious riffs on him.
Envious of all your sunny weather! The North is too cold!

Lowell said...

If I'd known that's the kind of people who dress like that on Sunday AM, I'd a moved there long ago!

Charlestonjoan said...

kate: I had never considered the words before but that is odd.

Doug: Hmmmm.....imagining the dirty version :)))

Susan: That's right! Eddie Murphy was hilarious. I'd like to see that bit again. The weather is perfect here this weekend. No doubt.

Jacob: Of course. Always ;)

Commander Zaius said...

As a kid Mr.Rodgers was one of my favorite shows just for the reason you daughter stated, he was able make people feel liked and important. What was wild for me was to have my son tell me he liked Mr. Rodgers for the same reason.

Spent the weekend doing yard work and chauffeuring my children around, I almost wish winter would come back.

Small City Scenes said...

It's just silliness--just to make sure we are not too serious.
Joan you have a novel blog. I like it. You are very busy. MB

Charlestonjoan said...

Beach Bum - It doesn't take more than one warm day to remember everything summer brings, does it? It was lovely though. I need to get out and weed myself.

Small City Scenes - Thank you. I am all for silliness!

cieldequimper said...

Now we need a photo of your dress! ;-) I love the street photo.

Charlestonjoan said...

cieldequimper - exactly the same of course but in blue! Isn't that what you go walking in?