14 February 2009

Valentine Kisses


Parrot Kisses, Marion Square, Charleston, SC

I interrupted my walk this morning with a stop in Ooops and picked up a steal on a teeny, tiny size two black dress for my daughter when a bewildered lady walked in wondering, "what exactly is SEWE?"

It's a gray and drippy day but town is bustling with people here for SEWE - South Eastern Wildlife Festival. SEWE can attract up to 38,000 people and is one of those odd festivals where an artist in one booth might sell beautiful paintings of tigers in the wild and the next one is staffed by a hunter boasting about blowing one up. I always walk through the outside displays and often buy a Sunday ticket to wander through the art, photography and wood carving before the regular attendees wake up. I've dabbled just enough in art, photography and song bird carving to appreciate what incredible talent this festival attracts.

This fellow was entertaining early morning listeners with stories of Amazon parrots.

Southeaster Wildlife Exposition
Now in its 27th year, Southeastern Wildlife Exposition (SEWE) is the largest wildlife art and nature event in the nation, one that you have to experience first hand to understand and truly appreciate. Held each year in the weekend preceding President’s Day, SEWE attracts 35,000+ attendees to beautiful Charleston, SC, to enjoy world-class original art, diverse exhibits, interesting presentations and lectures, not to mention Southern hospitality and lots of fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I do think this is an excellent site. I stumbledupon it ;) I am
going to come back once again since I book-marked it.
Money and freedom is the greatest way to change, may you be rich and continue to help others.


Feel free to visit my web page :: Power Precision
my webpage > Lean Muscle Formula Review