08 February 2009

The end of the weekend


Folly Beach, SC

It's been a glorious day. It feels as if the weather has turned a corner and spring is on the way. I sat in the courtyard of the Palmetto Cafe for brunch this morning, the girls lay in Marion Square in their bikinis and kids, dogs and pregnant ladies were in their glory at Folly Beach.

Check out these insanely graffiti painted castles.

Top ten moments caught by the google maps street view camera.

The picture I want, is the one of the person who took the picture of Michael Phelps at the party and posted it. That's the picture I'd like to see passed around with a name attached to it saying "don't trust this person." Just because you have a camera doesn't mean you have to share every single picture.

Bittersweet. Fellow Canadian in the lowcountry, Eugene has been fostering Barkley and just sent him off to settle in with his new family. No surprise, he already has a new foster dog.

Wm. Shakespeare's Five and Twenty Random Things Abovt Me.

When I am Queen we will have three day weekends.

9 comments:

Marcheline said...

The end of your weekend... is the beginning of mine. I have worked my patootie off yesterday and today, and am blessedly off tomorrow and Tuesday. Whew!

Anonymous said...

Oh, it looks so lovely there - sunny and bright and warm...or at least warmer than here where we were rejoicing 'cause it was up to 42 degrees...

Charlestonjoan said...

You had a tough week Marcheline. Enjoy your break.

Susan - I guess it all depends where we were coming from, eh. :))

Hilda said...

Beautiful! I love how you caught the joy of the pregnant woman there. And your pier creates such an interesting pattern.

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

very nice photo. Light is good and capturing the moments of life was excellent.

Windviel said...

Your Folly Beach photo is a special treat. We encourage your readers to take some extra time to fully appreciate the exceptional composition in this photograph.

Daisy Deadhead said...

The Folly Beach Pier is one of my favorite places in the world. (sigh)

cindablog said...

And the tents are up in Marion Square for SEWE ??? Oh - oh -- Here come the 'duck people'. I have to admit I am one of them. Hope the weather holds!

Charlestonjoan said...

cindablog: Me too! I don't always buy a ticket but I usually do, even just to walk through the art and photography.

Daisy: I thought of you when I posted it ;)

Windviel: Shucks! Thank you.

Hilda: Thank you. The pregnant gal was dancing and posing for her partners camera. She was having a good time. The guy on the bike looked a little surprised by the sight.

Julie: The light was beautiful. Everyone had their camera out. Thank you.