23 February 2009

Cheap Sleeps


NotSoHostel, Spring St., Charleston, SC

I've been walking Canon and Spring St. lately. This might be the solution if you aren't ready to pay the high cost of hotels on the Charleston peninsula.

NotSoHostel
The NotSoHostel is a basic but homey little compound of 19th-century homes and valuable parking spaces off busy Spring Street. Private rooms with shared baths start at $60 a night, and if you don’t mind risking snoring neighbors, you can bed down in a bunk room for $21. The hostel offers bike rentals (highly recommended for exploring downtown nooks and crannies), linens, Wi-Fi and full kitchen with a cook-your-own waffle breakfast.

Then, just because I am in a bouncy good mood here is your quote of the day:

Some people are like slinkies; not really good for anything but they really bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

I know. Terrible. But it goes so nicely with this cute little video from Fuzzco, Everyone loves a Slinky Dancer. Coolness!

4 comments:

Catalyst said...

I LOVE your slinky quote. So did my wife.

Lowell said...

Very cute hostel. But I think I'll pass. I can't stand my own snoring, much less someone else's.

Love the joke!

Doug said...

Cute video. It only took 50 years for someone to come up with a slinky suit :-)

I want one.

Charlestonjoan said...

Catalyst: I know. Me too :))))

Jacob: I'm with you. Not exactly with you, because I don't want to hear you snoring either. I'd like my own room.

Doug: Took me a while to figure out there was a human in it. I'm slow.