18 January 2009

A room with a view


Harbor Grille, Charleston, SC

I am learning that when I walk into a place carrying an impressive camera people tend to assume I'm supposed to be there and welcome me in. Little do they know I am just curious and enjoy snooping around.

A lady who reads this blog from across the country emailed explaining that she was considering hosting an event at a Charleston restaurant and since I tend to eat out a lot (shut up) wondered if I had any opinion on the location.

The restaurant she was looking at happened to be where we had an early lowcountry blogging meet up - what was then the Toucan Reef. Here are a few more shots from that party. Lowcountry bloggers will find some familiar faces.

The restaurant is now reincarnated as the Harbor Grille but it still has the best waterfront view in town. Wow. The staff invited me in, gave me a large iced tea and encouraged me to snoop and take a few pictures. The manager explained that they mostly concentrate on private parties now but invited us to consider having another get together there.

Meanwhile, if the food is anywhere near as good as the view, I'd say it's the perfect place to hold a party.

1 comment:

becomingkate said...

A meetup would be so much fun!