27 January 2009

Rambling Tuesdays


Bogard St., Charleston, SC

I'm feverish, congested, curled up in the corner of my couch and babbling to myself this evening.

The Trattoria Lucca may be a delicious and happy (noisy) treat for Bogard St. but couldn't they have given me the Patio Famous Tea Room sign when they renovated? It was a favorite thing on Bogard along with the little lady with the statue garden and Snookies Little Sweet Shop.

Waldo led me to Matt Alber. Wow.

According to a commenter (thank you) the cool piece of graffiti from Trapman St. wasn't written by an despondent artist in love but is a fragment of a Phish lyric. It isn't quite the same looking at the enlargement on my wall now.

I spoke your name for many days
Pronouncing it in several ways
And moving letters all around

And when you heard the end result
I told you it was not my fault

If you were here more of the day
It wouldn't twist around that way
.

Repack your bags. There is no more smoking in Bhutan.

What language does your dog speak?

Okay. I'm going to take a little pre-bed nap now. Aaachoo. Y'all turn the lights out.

16 comments:

KIT said...

Get well soon!

Charlestonjoan said...

Thanks Kit.

Ken Mac said...

love the old Patio Famous shot! excellent!

I am updating my Navy Yard shots today, and will be adding more shots soon...thanks.

Judy said...

I love this comparison. Hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

You need tea. Lots of it. And probably at a new tearoom. I replied on my blog to your question about checking out the new tea room. Get well soon so we can go check it out!

Doug said...

I guess it fits with its surroundings, but isn't nearly as photogenic now.

Hope you're feeling better today, Joan.

Antjas said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and a fellow Canadian at that. This seems like a great place for a daily chuckle. I'll be back! Hope you're on the mend.

Charlestonjoan said...

Antjas: Welcome :) I've been collecting heart images and love cemeteries so liked your picture very much

Doug: Glad you came by, it led me back to discover your good news.

Denise: Tea it is! Got your email. Let's check the place out some afternoon. I will work on details tomorrow.

KenMac: Glad ya came back!

Charlestonjoan said...

Jarart: Thanks. I told everyone I was on Isolation Precautions and they could enter my office at their own risk :)

Anonymous said...

re: The graffiti "I spoke your name for many days." and your reaction, "I always pictured a love torn scribbler."

Just because a sentiment is borrowed doesn't make it any less heartfelt. The majority of folks are like hermit crabs and decorate their lives with such borrowings.

Charlestonjoan said...

Anon: Of course you are right. It must have had special meaning to him/her. Did you do it? ;)

PackRat said...

I worked on the renovation and got the sign. It's proudly displayed in my studio apartment. Sorry bro.

.....and when you heard the end result
I told you it was not my fault
if you were here more of the day
it wouldn't twist around that way

PackRat said...

I worked on the renovation and got the sign. It's proudly displayed in my studio apartment. Sorry bro.

.....and when you heard the end result
I told you it was not my fault
if you were here more of the day
it wouldn't twist around that way

PackRat said...

I worked on the renovation and the sign is now currently proudly displayed in my studio apartment downtown. Sorry, but I don't think any amount of money would get it off my wall.

"And when you heard the end result
I told you it was not my fault
if you were here more of the day
it wouldn't twist around that way........"

Charlestonjoan said...

Did you! I am seriously jealous.

PackRat said...

Yes, I'll let you know if I ever decide to let it go. Snookie's never had a physical sign, it was painted on the windows, but if it did I would've tried to get that as well. I did offer to buy the sign from Ernie's on Spring Street between Saint Philip and Coming Street one afternoon when I met the new owner, but it just disappeared one day. Unfortunately, somebody probably just stole that one. :((