16 January 2009

Baby, it's cold outside.....


Tellis Pharmacy, King St., Charleston, SC

The glass door to Tellis Pharmacy on King St. was vandalized. The temporary plywood door has already been decorated.

The temperature is dropping fast and I still need to go out and wrap up my hibiscus. By the time I get back inside I might be able to add to Eric Zorn's collection of "How cold it it" jokes:

  • It's so cold, we had to chop up the piano for firewood - it only gave us two cords.
  • It's so cold that I actually feel like listening to Rush Limbaugh. That's how desperate I am for some hot air.
  • It's so cold, a Chicago alderman was seen with his hands in his own pockets.
  • It's so cold, my dog is stuck to the fire hydrant with his leg in the air.
  • It's so cold, if you suck on an ice-cube it just gets bigger
  • It's so cold people in court with traffic tickets were pleading guilty and beg for the electric chair!
  • It's so cold I fell out of bed and my pajamas broke.
  • It's so cold, Chuck Norris put on a jacket.
How cold is it where you are?

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so cold, when Champ barked it came out Woo.

Charlestonjoan said...

Poor Champ :(

Cullen said...

Hold on a second! I didn't write that. I think somebody's trying to frame me...or they just have the same first name, uncommon as it is...

Charlestonjoan said...

Cullen: Hey! Glad you tracked me down after the collapse of Walk this Way. Sniff. Seriously now, how many Cullens can there be in Charleston?

Anonymous said...

-20C here Joan. Good thing you didn't come up for the reunion, it is to cold here.
Bob

Charlestonjoan said...

Bob: I had just checked the temperature up there. Completely unreasonable. Quick change of plans. Come here!

Julia said...

It's 25F here too, but that's normal in January in Prague and the houses are built for it. Charleston below freezing is cold cold!

Anonymous said...

It's cold enough here in Charleston, true ... but my youngest lives in Fairbanks, AK where, this time of year, it's regularly anywhere between minus 20-40!! Shall we all bundle up and count our blessings?!

B SQUARED said...

72 and sunny!

Doug said...

It's so cold that I'm sucking on an icicle to keep warm.

KIT said...

Love the jokes -- they're just what I need today. Thanks!

Charlestonjoan said...

Julia - You are right. Our houses have lots of charm and leaky windows.
Uniquely Tea - I can't even imagine!
BSquared - Sounds lovely!
Doug - Good one :)
KIT - I lost so many good jokes on the old journal.

Anonymous said...

Joan - Here's a google cache page to your humor category (for some reason they're only from 2004).
http://209.85.173.132/search?q=cache:-wFM6W9Zek0J:japee.journalspace.com/%3Fcat%3DHumor+site:japee.journalspace.com&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=12&gl=us
These are your signs category.
http://209.85.173.132/search?q=cache:DXMuF1NX8yAJ:japee.journalspace.com/%3Fcat%3DSigns+site:japee.journalspace.com&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=14&gl=us
Quirky Wonders Category (may be my favorite)
http://209.85.173.132/search?q=cache:X_jxdCRfLu8J:japee.journalspace.com/%3Fcat%3DQuirky%2520Wonders+site:japee.journalspace.com&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=24&gl=us
The wayback machine has more from 2006, but I don't want to bore you. :)