02 October 2015

Waiting for the rains


Not a big fan of this image at all. 12 - 14 inches of rain on the water soaked lowcountry is not going to be pretty. I had a busy weekend lined up starting with the Lowcountry Heart Walk in the morning and ending with the farewell party for Mayor Riley on Sunday evening. Everything has been cancelled as we wait, wait, wait to see how bad things are going to be. I even came home early, had nothing to do but wait, got bored and went for a long rambling walk.

I cleaned the leaves out all of my drains but there is a large drainage ditch behind my house that is already full so soon the water will have no where to go.

I love how creative people get with photos and here is the best I've seen today. This was shared by Charleston Pirate Tours. Stay safe and dry, kids!





8 comments:

Catalyst said...

It's only going to get worse. I'd move upstairs and make sure I have a boat if I were you.

William Kendall said...

That mock up shot's quite something! I hope the storm shifts east and leaves the coast alone.

Paul said...

That's funny! The photo walk in Charleston got cancelled this weekend, too. Oh, well. I guess that I'll just have to come on down with my camera, walk around, and do one for myself!

Susan Moorhead said...

The rain washed away my comment, hoo boy, hope you are staying safe and dry. Thoughts and prayers with South Carolina.

Charlestonjoan said...

I have no upstairs! Yikes!

Charlestonjoan said...

Turned out to be true. Areas around me got 25 inches of rain. Quite unbelievable and it is raining again this evening.

Charlestonjoan said...

Yes, you will! Although photographers caught some good images this weekend. Paul, I know I missed responding to a comment from you and I apologize. I think I read it on the fly on my phone and when I backtracked I couldn't find it.

Charlestonjoan said...

It has been a mess. I went to my son's Saturday night since it looked like my house would flood. I narrowly escaped the worst of it, shed flooded and my car took in some water but my house escaped. Whew.