07 May 2014

Quirky Charm of the Moore Botanical Garden

Moore Botanical Garden, Lake City, S.C.
Take a good look. Those stepping stones are giant tires filled with dirt and grass. It is just under two hours to the Moore Botanical Garden but go ahead and bookmark the site and plan to visit some day. They have very reasonably priced classes, an occasional open house and tours by appointment. The property was Darla Moore's family property and she still has a home there. We were respectfully asked not to take pictures of the actual residence. It was a beautiful sunny day when I visited last Sunday and I tried to take pictures of some of the quirky details for you. Enjoy!


3 comments:

William Kendall said...

It looks marvelously appealing!

Marcheline said...

My faves are the grass-filled tires, and the watering can tree. Cool stuff!

Charlestonjoan said...

I loved the tire idea! They were like giant stepping stones. My friends daughter designed the watering can tree so I especially liked it.