26 February 2013

Welcoming Porch

Smith St., Charleston, S.C.
Well heck, it's after 11 p.m. already and although I am wide awake, I should be thinking about bed. It was a relief to come home from work and go for a walk without skipping through puddles and getting rained on. I understand that we have had close to ten inches of rain for February with more to come.

Barbara Stroud raved so about her chicken pasta in wine sauce that I picked up pasta on my walk and made that. Just for me. Yum. 

Luckily I stayed up late enough to watch the news to learn what color of shoes the retired pope is going to wear. Not red. Make a note.

This evening's picture is a ground level porch on Smith St. I love wide porches with brick floors. They look so welcoming don't they?

G'night kids. Don't stay up too late. 

4 comments:

Donna Gill Colestock said...

Wonderful porch! Thank goodness the rain has let up. It is soooooo depressing. Now, how do I not know what color shoes the Pope will wear? Please do tell! And how about sharing that chicken recipe?

Charlestonjoan said...

Apparently red shoes are the official Pope color so he is stepping back to brown shoes. Who knew? Who cared?

Click on Barbara's blog link. She raved about the pasta so much I had to give it a try. Just ate my left overs.

Pixel Peeper said...

That's my kind of porch! I love front porches and I'm convinced that the switch to back decks has not been good for getting to know your neighbors.

Kate said...

What a coincidence! I made the same recipe that I copied from Barbara's blog. She has a long reach into our kitchens!!