27 February 2013

Blogger Meet Up

Kate & Jim, Charleston, S.C.

Kate and husband Jim from the Visual St. Paul blog in Minnesota are visiting Charleston and dropped by the hospital for a tour. I was able to treat them to a classy cafeteria lunch and walk through our beautiful garden. Kate has a blog similar to mine featuring pictures from St. Paul but for the time being we can enjoy photos from the lowcountry. They are making the most of their time here. Thanks to everyone on Facebook who suggested places to find the best shrimp and grits in town.

It was a treat to show them where I spend my days. Welcome to Charleston!


10 comments:

Jack said...

Hey, I know these folks! Charleston is a fine place for CDP bloggers to meet.

Charlestonjoan said...

Familiar faces! Kate gets around. It was a treat to have them here.

Leif Hagen said...

Joan - That's so great that you could meet up with Great Kate and her husband Jim from St. Paul! Kate and I had coffee in my office several weeks ago after her trip to Cuba!

Kate said...

Joan, it was a greater treat to see you and enjoy your hospitality! Jim and I were SO IMPRESSED with your workplace! It was very enjoyable and fulfilling to tour the complex and to meet some of your willing volunteers.The people of Charleston are so very lucky to have this place and to have you as part of it! Incidentally, the cafeteria salad was great! Many thanks!

brattcat said...

ah, so wonderful that you could meet.

Charlestonjoan said...

Isn't it fun meeting people you already feel you know? I met Kate briefly last year when they passed through town. They do get around!

Charlestonjoan said...

I enjoying being able to show you around! Looking forward to dinner!

Charlestonjoan said...

It was a treat!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

What fun to have a meet up Joan, I love Kate's blog also.

Marcheline said...

I'm jealous. Would love to meet you!